Although it is not Paleo, I’m a huge fan of fresh mozzarella. I buy it in pearls or ciliegine. and just create something, throwing together a few things I think might sound good (meat, veggie, egg and fruit) and then mixing it with an equally appropriate dressing. On a whim, and looking for something new, I threw this together, just winging as I went. It was really quite tasty.
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced into disks.
1/2 cup black olives, sliced length-wise.
1 1/2 cups mozzarella ciliegine, cut in half
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon Tessemae’s Honey Basalmic dressing
Parsley, black pepper, onion powder, celery flakes and basil to taste
1. Heat olive oil, black pepper and onion powder in small sauté pan.
2. Add tomatoes and toss in the olive oil. Sauté until two minutes and then add olives.
3. Mix olives with tomatoes well and let sit on low heat while preparing cheese.
4. Place cheese in a small serving dish and add spices to taste. Drizzle with dressing. Mix well.
5. Add tomatoes and olives to cheese in dish and mix to coat evenly.
Makes 1 serving.
The Tessame’s dressing can be found at most stores in the produce section.